As a home owner or property tenant, you are eligible to have resident’s permit in Turkey. Home owner’s wife and children (under 18 years old) will have the right to obtain resident’s permit as well.
Duration of each resident’s permit is one year and before it expires you should renew it. If you have resident’s permit for 5 years back to back, at the 6th year you will have the right to apply for Turkish citizenship. If you have resident’s permit for 8 years back to back at the 9th year you will have the right to get permanent resident’s permit.
Following documents to be needed when applying for resident’s permit
- 4 passport pictures
- Copy of passport and latest entry date
- Filling online application form
- Health insurance (between ages 0-17 and over 66 are not needed)
- Copy of tapu (issued by land registration office 1 week prior to application)
- If it’s a rental apartment, copy of rental contract approved at the notary public
- Turkish tax number
- Bank account in the amount of € 5,000 or $ 6,000. This amount should be in Turkish bank account and the copy of the bank book is needed to submit for resident’s permit
- Application fee and service charge.
*** With the above documents Trust United will provide all the services during application process.