wning an apartment considering the property prices in Istanbul, Alanya, Antalya, or Mersin is a desirable and quite feasible dream for many foreign citizens. Real estate in Turkey guarantees its owners a lot of advantages. Most importantly, enlist the support of an experienced reliable agency and select housing without haste and fuss in order to see not only the pros, but also the cons. What time of the year is it better to buy an apartment in Turkey? Do the prices change depending on the season? This is what we will talk about in our article.
According to statistics, the most popular season for buying property in Turkey is spring and summer. However, specialists and experienced buyers know that autumn and winter have their own undeniable advantages for viewing and closing a deal.
When is the best time to buy property in Turkey?
Advantages of buying a home in late autumn and winter:
- The climate of the resort coast of Turkey during the winter months is characterized by high humidity. Therefore, if the waterproofing is not done correctly in the house, the walls of the apartments on the ground floors can become covered with mold and the floor is heated during prolonged rains. Winter season allows you to make the right choice.
- As you know, there is no central heating in Turkish resorts in most houses. The cool season is quite short, so air conditioners are enough to heat the premises. It is easiest to assess the operation of the air conditioning system, the comfort of living in such conditions, and financial expenses during the period of active use.
- The choice of housing in Turkey in winter will allow you to objectively evaluate the flooring. When viewing housing in the summer, we do not pay any attention to the floor, whether it is cold or warm. In winter, the presence of a warm floor, the type and quality of the coating will be of paramount importance.
- Literally in all apartments by the sea in Turkey, the layout provides for large balconies or terraces. And if in summer the balcony is perceived by us as just an ideal place to relax and enjoy beautiful views, then in winter it can be a good help for heating rooms. The thing is that during the night the apartment becomes cooler. If the terrace faces the sunny side, it warms up quickly and by opening the windows you can not only ventilate, but also warm up the rooms, creating a comfortable microclimate.
- All modern apartments are being built within residential complexes with their own adjoining territory and internal infrastructure. Infrastructure facilities are serviced by a specialized company. In the beach season, naturally, the work is always carried out very actively, but in the winter period you will be able to assess the real state of affairs and the quality of service.
How does the season affect the value of real estate in Turkey?
“When are apartments cheaper in winter or summer?” – a top question from potential buyers of Turkish real estate. The cost per square meter does not significantly depend on the season, as high demand from foreign investors for housing in Turkey remains.
Prices are influenced by other more serious reasons of an economic nature, such as exchange rates, inflation, interest rates on mortgage lending, and the political situation.
In general, there are several factors when buying an apartment in winter that can indirectly affect the cost of the residential property is:
- Higher interest of realtors who want to sell living space. In winter, there are fewer buyers, so some sellers make concessions in order to make a deal.
- Competition and demand are declining, so the investor has the opportunity to negotiate a purchase with the seller on more favorable terms. As a rule, this applies to urgent sales.
- Developers and sellers are much more likely to arrange promotions and seasonal discounts for their properties in order to stimulate interest and demand from investors.